Monday 28 October 2013

Back in the Game


Back In The Game


I have just had a week off from working on my novel. It was planned as I knew there were going to be a lot of things that needed doing, but now I’m finding it difficult getting my head back in the game, as it were.

I don’t normally have this problem as all it takes is an early morning walk and a cup of coffee and I’m raring to go. On this occasion however, possibly due to the clocks changing and the weather behaving badly, I cannot motivate myself to go walking, or do anything else that normally helps get my mind in gear.  I know that writing is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration, if you believe the cliché, but I cannot push myself enough to perspire for my book. I love writing, every aspect of it, all the challenges and the rewards equally, but when Im writing, it’s like I can’t be bothered to do it. Normally if I start to feel this way, I’ll take a break for a day or two then come back fresh faced, but I’ve just come back from a break.

Do any of you come across this? If so, how do you counter-act it? I know this won’t last forever, but I don’t want to continue writing while in this frame of mind otherwise it’ll reflect in my work and read more like an obituary than a entertainment.

Let me know what you think. Read, follow, comment and enjoy. M x

No comments:

Post a Comment