Monday 16 September 2013

Bad Day



My character decided today that she was going to get pissed off with men. I don’t know why, it just happened. Maybe she had a bad weekend or something, who knows? But fact is, every time she had any dialogue with a male character, she just wanted to slap him. Didn’t matter who it was, she'd just had enough.

Fair enough really if you consider she’s had a rough couple of days, I mean trying to convince an entire prison that she is some big shot reporter when in fact she is only covering her first story. Then to find a member of the mob in her living room when she gets home threatening her, then to discover the next morning that the person her story was solely dependent on, had just been murdered, well I think we can sympathise, can’t we? And whilst all this is going on, she has an irate editor screaming down the phone at her and all the prison guards trying to come on to her. No wonder she’s pulling her hair out.

Even characters have bad days, but how much fun is it writing them?
I know I enjoy them, taking some sadistic pleasure in throwing whatever crap enters my mind to piss off my main character.

Does writing a bad day get you down? Or do you find it amusing? Do you take inspiration from your own bad days or just go mad, wondering what else life can throw at the poor literary creation?

Read, follow, comment and enjoy. M x


No comments:

Post a Comment